Chefs Series: Albert Adrià & Culinary Innovation
“ To live, is still a way of understanding life ”
1. My definition of Culinary Innovation today:
I don't think the definition will change much as time goes by. Innovating is innovating eventhough there are few that actually do it and many that say they do it.
2. My translation of Culinary Innovation in my restaurant:
Depending on the restaurant we apply more or less innovation, but both in Hoja Santa, Pakta, Tickets or Enigma there are a lot of creative examples.
3. The biggest Culinary Innovator in the world:
4. My inspiration for innovation:
To live, is still a way of understanding life.
5. Innovation or tradition (or both):
Always both. Innovation is the tradition of the future. The discussion between one OR the other annoys me.
6. The most innovate dish, preparation or product you tasted:
Still have to come
7. The most innovative dish or preparation you created:
Haven't done it yet.
Good to know
Albert Adrià is best known for his special food creations in ellBulli. The restaurant closed in 2011 and was reopened as a creativity centre in 2014.
He was one of the pioneers in molecular gastronomy. AdrIà now has a handful of restaurants, where he is still working on innovative masterpieces.